The Sentier Nepisiguit Mi’gmaq Trail is 150km of backcountry hiking with no cell service. All thru-hikers and multi-day hikers must register a minimum of three days prior to your start date. Hikers must carry proof of registration while on the Trail. Registration helps finance trail maintenance, track usage and support funding requests.
Who needs to register?
All thru-hikers and multi-day hikers must register online on our website.
Your hiking registration benefits the hiker and supports the Trail Organization with the following:
- Offers the Trail Organization emergency contact information about the hiker.
- Encourages the hiker to Reserve, Plan and Prepare for their hike.
- To share their hiking plan with their emergency contact person.
- Monitor traffic in order to limit the environmental impact on the trail.
- Finance trail maintenance, track usage and support funding requests.
Each hiker is responsible for the following:
- Each hiker must register if you are multi-day hiking or thru hiking.
- If you are the designated group leader, you may register for your group.
- Each hiker must de-register at the completion if you are a multi-day or thru hiking.
- If you are the designated group leader, you may deregister for your group.
- Multi-day hikers and thru hikers are required to provide proof of registration.
- It is strongly recommended that you have a Compass, a GPS and a SPOT or INREACH device.
Please email us at [email protected] to let us know that you have exited the trail.